Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Late Father's Day

So, a speaker on Sunday got me thinking of how often I speak with my dad. We're not a very communicative family; I tend to go some time without speaking to anyone but my sister who is the communicative hub. Yet, I think often of my parents and siblings and their influence in my life. Nearly everyday, I think of something that my parents taught me, some way that they have influenced my choices and behaviors, and I am grateful for what they passed on to me.

Sunday evening, I called my dad and thanked him for his example, for everything he taught me. I just hope I can teach our children as well as my parents did. There were things they could have done better, but I feel I have been so much better prepared for the challenges of life than many around me. They may not have been perfect parents, but they have been very good ones. I am so thankful Heavenly Father blessed me with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment