Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Calling!

I'm so excited! They called a new Relief Society Presidency in our ward, so I'm no longer the education counselor. I am now the Primary pianist!

I am REALLY going to miss the sisters in Relief Society, or at least my regular interaction with them. I have learned and grown so much in the last two and a half years. I love the sisters in our ward so much, and I've loved being a support for them, a tool in their learning. We have such wonderful sisters in our ward, and I've worked hard to help them know that God loves them. Watching their testimonies develop and grow has been a blessing.

But now I am back with the kids! I really wanted to be the pianist again, but I didn't dare hope I would be called here, now! The primary music is so wonderful, and teaches the principles of Christ's gospel in such a special way. I'll be working with some pretty special sisters, still, but with less demanding responsibilities. I get to help teach the children!

I have been dancing and grinning most of the day. I have never been so excited about a calling. I think it's the Lord's way of telling me the time for this change is right. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to serve in the Lord's church. No, I am thankful for the BLESSING I have to serve in the Lord's church. How else could I show Him how thankful I am for all he has done for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment